On the Net
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 10:53, 12 August 2007 by Stepan (talk | contribs) (→Open Firmware Companies/Vendor support)
Open Firmware Companies/Vendor support
Open Firmware Documentation
- What is Open Firmware?
- Hardware Independant Boot Code - - An Open Firmware description at an introductory level by Matthew Johnson
- Open Firmware homepage
- The OpenFirmware IEEE 1275-1994
- Writing FCode 3.x Programs
- OpenBoot 3.x Command Reference Manual
- OpenBoot 3.x Quick Reference
- Forth FAQ
- kForth - programming examples
- DPANS'94 - very interesting: annex D and E.
- Gforth - Forth implementation of the GNU project
- PFE - The Portable Forth Environment is based on the ANSI Standard for Forth. It is targeted for embedded environments.
- vnpforth - contains a traditional compiler, which turns Forth into standard object (.o) files
- Moving Forth - Article on writing Forth Kernels by Brad Rodriguez
- Hayes ANS compliance test - a test for ANS Forth compliance by John Hayes. The OpenBIOS forth kernel passes this test.
- gfob - a forth source obfuscator
- Primer - A Beginner's Guide to Forth by J.V. Noble
- Forth engines - written in several languages.
- Thoughtful Programming and Forth - an essay by Jeff Fox.
- Selected Forth Papers - at theforthsource.com
- Stack Computers: the new wave - Philip J. Koopman Jr's book on stack computers offered as pdf and html.
- Multiboot standard
- GRUB - GRand Unified Bootloader
- Nilo - Network Interface Loader. NILO will boot Linux, FreeBSD, Windows 95/98/NT4 and support the Intel PXE standard.
Flashing on Linux Systems
- MTD - Memory Technology Device Subsystem for Linux
- /dev/bios - Flash ROM driver for Linux (for flashing System and PCI adapter firmware) (obsolete)
- Uniflash (nonlinux)
- flashrom (LinuxBIOS)
Other Open Source Firmware Implementations
- LinuxBIOS - The LinuxBIOS project bootstraps systems to the point where they can run an OS kernel or any other application or bootloader from flash.
- TIARA - TIARA, an Openbios/GRUB/PFORTH composite, BIOS replacement (dead?)
- Proll - Proll is a firmware replacement for SUN JavaStations to boot Linux
- GNUFI, an open source EFI implementation
- Open Hackware
- SUN OpenBoot
- GBIOS - GBIOS is a GPLed firmware for PowerPC G3/G4 and some Motorola cpus. (dead?)